We encourage parents and guardians to familiarize themselves with movie contents and themes regardless of the rating and determine if it is a good fit for their child.
The Avery Theater Executive Committee has issued the following policy for Rated R movies:
- One parent or adult guardian must accompany under the age of 17 patron(s) to box office and purchase the ticket(s) for a Rated R movie.
- One parent or adult guardian must attend the complete movie with patrons under the age of 13.
- A parent or adult guardian is not required to watch the movie with patrons 13-16 years of age as long as they were present for the ticket purchase.
- An adult guardian is defined as an adult aged chaperone at least 21 years of age, responsible for the minor(s) at the time.
- Driver’s license or state identification card are the only accepted forms of identification to verify patron’s age of 17 or older.
Issued May 15, 2019 by the Avery Theater Executive Committee.